Follow this checklist to use the TSI assessment test at Austin Community College or determine if you might be exempt.
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a assessment that is state-required to ascertain college-readiness in reading, writing, and math. All first-time college students must take the TSI test before searching ninjaessays discount for classes unless you are exempt or complete.
1. Verify TSI status
Look at the range of TSI exemptions and score completions to determine when you yourself have already met TSI requirements in a single or more areas (reading, writing, and math) or meet the criteria for an exemption. You must show proof of exemption. You could bring your proof of exemption or waiver, if applicable, to your campus Advising Office. Those who find themselves not exempt/complete should go to step two.
You don’t have to make the TSI Assessment if you:
- Have earned a C or more in a course that is college-level a certified institution. This course must certanly be comparable to an ACC course on the approved ACC TSI course list.
- Previously attended college and also been determined to own met college readiness standards by that institution; or
- Are student that is enrolling in an amount 1 certificate program and are also taking courses ONLY in the certificate award plan; or
- Are serving on active duty as an associate associated with armed forces regarding the united states of america, the Texas National Guard, or as a part of a reserve part of the armed forces associated with united states of america and have been serving for at the very least 36 months enrollment that is preceding or
- On or after 1, 1990, were honorably discharged, retired, or released from active duty as a member of the armed forces of the United States or the Texas National Guard or service as a member of a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States august.
- The SAT has been completed by you, ACT, or any other approved assessment exam aided by the minimum score necessary for TSI exemption.
Test Score Exemptions
The tests that are following be employed to exempt you from a number of components of the TSI Assessment. Tests will need to have been taken within the previous five years.
? Note: Mixing or scores that are combining the SAT administered prior to March 2016 while the SAT administered March 2016 and later, just isn’t allowable.
TSI Complete Scores
You’ve got completed Texas Success Initiative requirements for a subject area if you:
- Earn the score that is minimum in the chart below
- Official photo ID
- Know your social security number
- Pre-Assessment Activity Completion Certificate
- Testing fee fee or receipt waiver
Note*: A placement score lower than 340 and an ABE Diagnostic degree of at least 4, and essay score of at least 5.
Request TSI Scores
Complete the Request for TSI Scores if you wish to pull your test scores taken at another HS/college/university.
2. Complete TSI test preparation
You must take the TSI Assessment if you are incomplete in any area(s) and are unable to provide proof of exemption. ? Complete the TSI assessment preparation steps if you wish to take all or part of the assessment. The steps provide test preparation instruction and practices resources. You need to print out the Pre-Assessment Activity Completion Certificate and take it to you on the day for the test.
3. Pay testing fee
If you need to make the assessment, pay your testing fees online. Important: Save the printed receipt as proof you paid.
If you’re entitled to a Pell Grant, it is possible to request an TSI Assessment fee waiver from educational funding.
4. Schedule your test
Review the TSI testing schedule to get the best time and location. Contact the testing center at your campus to schedule the test. Drop-in testing is available at some campuses; please call the campus for more information. Seating just isn’t guaranteed.
5. Take your test
Arrive in the day that is scheduled time, and location. Bring the following:
Get an abundance of rest the night before your test. Allow at least five hours to accomplish all test sections. A exam that is diagnostic also be required, based on your outcomes.